Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022 also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or PM AYUSHMAN BHARAT YOJANA is a program that aims to protect economically and financially disadvantaged Indians by providing them with primary, secondary and tertiary care. Read on to find out more about PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022, how to apply online for Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022 and a list of benefits and citizens who can benefit from the program.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022
The Indian government is led by Sri. Narendra Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Yojana on 23 September 2018 to provide free health services to 40% of residents living in poor and disadvantaged areas. People who are economically and financially underprivileged can take advantage of Ayushman Bharat Yojana by taking advantage of free treatment provided by a family doctor at the local health center.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana proved to be a success as the program included around 45 lakh beneficiaries and 10 million e-cards were issued to residents and around twenty thousand hospitals were included in the program. The Indian government plans to provide secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities completely cashless by issuing e-cards.
This e-card can be used in hospitals with Empanel, public or private in any part of the country by citizens for cashless treatment. The electronic card is valid three days before hospitalization and two weeks after hospitalization. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana e-card provides coverage from Rs 5 lakh per family, which enables the financially disadvantaged to benefit from the Ayushman Bharat Arogya Yojana introduced by the Government of India.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Apply online
Therefore, there is no application for Ayushman Bharat Yojana as PMJAY applies to all citizens identified by the 2011 SEC and those already registered with other government health systems. To find out if you qualify, follow the steps below to check if you qualify for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana or PMJAY program.
- Check https://www.pmjay.gov.in/ and click “Am I fit”
- Select your status and search by name / HHD number/ration card number / mobile number
- Enter your mobile number and re-enter the CAPTCHA code and click “Generate OTP”
- Depending on the details provided, the search results will automatically confirm whether your family is covered by PMJAY or Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- You can also contact your Empaned Health Care provider (EHCP) or call Ayushman Bharat Yojana’s call center number: 14555 or 1800-111-565 to see if you qualify.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana’s List
- Mental illness treatment
- Emergency care and facilities for elderly patients
- All facilities and care for women during pregnancy
- Dental care
- Complete health facilities for children
- Special attention to the health of the elderly, children, women
- Up to 9,000 rupees for women during maternity
- Health services for newborns and children
- Rs 600 has been set aside for the treatment of tuberculosis patients.
- The government bears all costs before the patient enters and after the patient is discharged.
Diseases covered under PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana
PMJAY helps financially weak citizens in the rural and backward areas to access secondary and tertiary care by issuing e-cards worth up to Rs. 5 Lakh per family annually. The list of health conditions that require hospitalization are given hereunder:
– Coronary artery bypass grafting
– Double valve replacement
– Carotid angioplasty with stent
– Pulmonary valve replacement
– Prostate cancer
– Skull base surgery
– Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns
– Laryngopharyngectomy with gastric pull-up
– Anterior spine fixation
Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022 – FAQs
The Government of India under the leadership of Shri. Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Yojana on 23rd of September 2018, to provide free-of-cost healthcare facilities to 40% of citizens living in the poor and backward areas.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana e-card provides a coverage of Rs. 5 lakh per family enabling the financially backward people to benefit from the Ayushman Bharat Arogya yojana introduced by the Government of India.
It is a scheme that aims to protect the economically and financially weak citizens of India by providing them with healthcare facilities at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels.
The scheme was launched on September 23, 2018.